Paint the lavender fields of Provence. Photograph diverse Parisian neighborhoods. Hike through the Alps. Study and perform French theater. Cycle along the Brittany coast. Learn from culinary masters. Attain new language skills.
The Experiment offers 8 summer abroad programs in France for high school students.
Choose among programs focused on culinary exploration, language training, arts immersion, and travel & discovery.
All programs begin with an interactive group orientation in Paris. Programs then travel to different regions of France for homestays and the program’s thematic focus.
All programs include a homestay with a French family. Homestays are individual, but groups get together regularly for cultural events, outdoor activities, and visits to local historical sites, throughout the homestay period.
Each program explores diverse aspects of France and French culture through fun, informative thematic components.
Discover how you can have an incredible summer abroad with the Experiment in France.
- French Frontiers: Exploring the Cultures of France and Her Neighbors
- History and Culture in the Countryside of Southern France
- Biking and Trekking Adventure
- Between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean
- The City of Light: Photography in Paris
- Painting Provence: Art and Adventure in the Land of Impressionism
- Theater, Performance, and Language
- Mastering the Art of French Cuisine: Language and Cooking
"The French language came alive! Sentences formed automatically and words began flowing freely. The language lost its technicality and, for the first time, felt human."
-- Sebastian Angarita
Jackson Heights, New York
Arts Immersion, Language Training, Travel and Discovery, Culinary Exploration
3, 4, or 5 weeks
DEPART / RETURN: